What you’ll learn from Michele of Pinkle Toes Photography:
- Watch how Michele approaches and sets up a newborn session in a client’s home.
- See how Michele interacts with parents and baby to create relaxed, natural images.
- Choosing wardrobe, shot locations, and setting up the scene to tell a story.
- Finding and using available light.
- Finding and using elements from a client to personalize their session.
- Creating variety in newborn images.
What you’ll learn from Laura of Laura Brett Photography:
- Watch how Laura sets up for a studio lighting newborn session;choosing textures & accessories to make each individual session unique.
- See how Laura handles the baby from start to finish, learn how she transitions through each pose to help with the flow of a newborn session.
- Learn how to use studio lighting while making the light look soft and natural.
- Getting the image perfect SOOC through simple setups to cut down on the editing process.
- Learn how Laura started over from scratch; moving her photography business from one state to another, as well as establishing your baby plan and pricing.
What you’ll learn from BOTH photographers:
- Two models for running a successful newborn photography business.
- Post-processing techniques.
- Marketing and pricing tips and tricks.
- Understand how we converse with the parents beforehand so they are prepared for their session.
- Also receive Laura’s complete action set and a goodie bag full of coupons and surprises!
Wednesday, January 25th, 2012:
8-9am – Meet and greet at Michele’s studio
9-11am – Newborn session in studio by Laura
11:30am – 12:30 pm – Lunch (included) at the studio
12:30pm – leave for on-location newborn session
1:00-3:30pm – on location newborn session with Michele
4:00-7:00 p.m. – marketing and business and dinner (included) at the studio
Thursday, January 26th, 2012:
8-8:30am – Setup
8:30am-12pm – Dual newborn session at the studio (Half lifestyle + family with Michele; half studio just baby with Laura)
12-1pm – Lunch (included) at the studio
1-5pm – Michele & Laura’s Digital Workflow and Q&A
- Michele’s studio is about 10 minutes from Austin Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
- You are responsible for transportation to/from the airport, hotel, and studio. We will coordinate transportation arrangements for you to/from the in-home newborn session.
- It is recommended that you stay in a hotel near the airport if possible:
Holiday Inn Express – Austin Airport
7601 E. Ben White Blvd.
Austin, TX 78741
(512) 386-7600 Toll Free: (888) 465-4329
Average Room Rate: $115/night
Courtyard by Marriott – Austin Airport
7809 Ben White Blvd.
Austin, TX 78741
Average Room Rate: $150/night
Hilton – Austin Airport (Literally at the airport; surprisingly, no airplane noise and the nicest of the three)
9515 Hotel Drive
Austin, TX 78719
(512) 385-6767 Toll Free: 1.800.HILTONS
Average Room Rate: $180 per night
- Can I use the images taken at the workshop for my portfolio? Yes, you will have opportunities to shoot throughout the workshop.
- Will we go over your workflow? Yes! We will dive right in and show you step by step from start to finish how we achieve our looks.
- Do you have to shoot or own studio lighting to attend? Not at all. We will demonstrate studio lighting basics and natural light principles, and you can return home and continue using natural light if you choose. You will just have the knowledge on what to purchase if that time comes. Artificial light should act just like your window except ours plugs in.
- What do I need to bring? Your camera and a fixed lens such as a 50mm or 35mm. A wide angle zoom lens would also be helpful. Its assumed that attendees know how to shoot in manual mode and have a basic understanding of Photoshop. You do not need to know how to use studio lighting, we will teach you the basics to return home and put your new found knowledge to use.
- What should I do to prepare for the workshop? In the past, we have found that connecting with and getting to know your fellow attendees has allowed for a more enriching workshop experience. We will create a private Facebook group just for these attendees where you can chat and even coordinate travel and lodging arrangements with one another if you so choose.
- How is this workshop different from Michele’s Pinkle Toes 4 Photographers workshops? This workshop is completely focused on newborn photography and you do not have to be a member of Pinkle Toes 4 Photographers to attend. You will have the unique opportunity to view two very different approaches to newborn photography in a single workshop. (Pinkle Toes 4 Photographers are longer, more intensive, cover a broader range of topics, and are only hosted by Michele.)
- How is this workshop different from Laura Brett’s Baby Business Workshops and Mentoring? This workshop willactually be about the same as what Laura does with her 1;1, but this workshop is a dual effort where you see two different styles and approaches.