To Register: Click Here
Registration begins on March 29th and ends on April 21st.
Why Newborn Goodness Workshop?
1. STUDIO LIGHTING…. We offer a studio lighting workshop where most offer natural lighting. Studio lighting can be used not only for newborns but for everything in between. Simply put, studio lighting is consistent. We don’t have to worry if it rains the morning of our session, we have our constant light source. Travel on-location, still not a problem our studio light will easily transport. No more worrying about setting up in a small apartment without windows. Not to mention our light is constant so your skin tones will be PERFECT every single shot. We will show you just how flawless studio lighting can be. We’ve shot both and have found studio lighting is much more beneficial to keeping it all consistent and cutting down your workflow.
2. BUSINESS…. Yes, this is a newborn posing workshop but you will learn alot more than posing. You may pose a newborn like no other, but if you can’t market and run a successful business what good will posing do you? The business part of our workshop will help you with marketing, SEO and building your newborn network. We will give you the step by step process on how we started over from scratch; moving our photography business from one state to another, as well as establishing our baby plan and pricing. We will share the importance of business and how it can make or break you in this industry. 85% of our business in Atlanta comes from our clients as we are running a “true portrait business” and not just workshops. We will help you return home and get your business up and running. Yes…our BS in Business with concentration in Accounting comes in handy.
3. PREPPING FOR SESSIONS…. We will give you details to help prepare for your next session, preparing your moms and demonstrating how to get your newborn sessions completed in 2 hours. You can ask any questions, photograph everything for your portfolio – the floor is yours. You will sit beside me as we work through the poses… you will be there every step of the way. You will participate in posing from composite shots, floor shots, hanging and other poses you are interested in seeing. We will prep a session together, work on soothing techniques and most importantly show you how get the perfect image, all with studio lighting. All images taken at the workshop can be used to build your portfolio.
4. WORKFLOW…… We will go over full digital workflow (cutting down on your editing time) and give step by step instructions on how to achieve our newborn goodness. It’s all about shooting with a purpose and in return ‘get your life back’ from behind the computer.
5. CONTINUING EDUCATION…..After the workshop, we are still here to help. You can email us with questions big or small and we are happy to help. Not only that, you will be added to our Newborn Goodness Forum where you can give and receive feedback with questions that come up along the way. Surround yourself with others that have also attended our workshop for that added support and friendship. We believe that your education should not end when you leave the workshop and we will continue to help you grow!
REGISTRATION ….. is $700 and due to hold your spot. The $700 retainer is non refundable. The remaining balance will be due by August 1st.
ITINERARY….. Be prepared for a day of nonstop learning! We will begin at 8am and wrap up after dinner around 7pm. Lunch, Dinner and Snacks will be provided. A Detailed schedule will be provided at the time of registration.
Included with the Workshop……You will receive our Complete Set of Actions (Laura’s Newborn Goodness, Warm & Cozy and Black & White), 6 month access to our Newborn Goodness Forum, list of our vendors, our pricing model, 10 Page PDF of Information from the Workshop, along with marketing and business material.
Recently asked Questions?
Do you have to shoot or own studio lighting to attend? Not at all. We will teach you studio lighting basics, but you can return home and continue using natural light if you choose. You will just have the knowledge on what to purchase if that time comes. Our artificial light will act just like your window except ours plugs in.
Can I use the images taken at the workshop for my portfolio? Absolutely. You can use the images taken at the workshop for your website and other marketing materials.
Will we go over your workflow? Yes! We will dive right in and show you step by step from start to finish how we achieve our look. Not only that will help you cut down on your time spent editing, studio lighting makes it that much easier!
What do I need to bring? Your camera and a fixed lens such as a 50mm or 35mm. Its assumed that attendees know how to shoot in manual mode and have a basic understanding of photoshop. You do not need to know how to use studio lighting, we will teach you the basics to return home and put your new found knowledge to use.
Still Have Questions?